2016

by - January 05, 2016

Yep, I'm jumping on that bandwagon, too... Here's my recap of 2015 and my plans for 2016.

2015 hasn't been the best of years. It wasn't a particularly bad year, it just wasn't good either. The first half was fine. School was really relaxed and we had the most amazing hot and sweaty summer. Shortly after the summer holidays, when Germany was already getting cold again, I went on a school trip to Italy. I speak a tiny bit of Italian and love Italian food, but never actually been there, so I enjoyed that trip a lot. We were about 40 students, three super laid-back teachers and three former students and it was so much fun. We did a lot of sightseeing and our teacher, who used to live in Italy, told us loads of interesting stuff. We spent every evening in front of our (somewhat small) caravans playing games, screaming Backstreet Boys and doing other shenanigans. We celebrated a birthday at the beach and I got drunk for the first time. I didn't blackout or anything but the bus journey and flight the next day were no fun. A few weeks later, I got to go to Corse with my family, too. Equally as amazing. We explored the area, spent some more time at the beach and had some more drinks. Again, too many. It went downhill from there. School got me stressed out big time and I started to realize more and more, that I'd have to make plans for the future. Which I still quite haven't. But I'm working on it, guys. Anyways, since the last bit of the year was so shitty, it'll forever be branded shitty in my memory although it wasn't really that bad looking at it now.

Moving on. 2016. Big year for me. After 13 years I'll finally finish school! You have no idea how happy that makes me. 13 years is just too much. I still don't know how I managed to stick to that for such a long time. But that also means that for the first time in my whole life I don't have the next years figured out yet. If all goes according to plan I'll be done with school on march 16th. For now, I only know that I want to get several part-time jobs to finance myself a trip to Istanbul and Cameroon and maybe Marocco. Simultaneously I'll have to get into university to a) still get child allowance and b) study IT by spring 2017. Fingers crossed. There's no plan for how exactly I'm gonna manage that, but we'll see. It's normal to be clueless sometimes, right? Well, 2016 is most certainly gonna be the scariest year of my life so far. Hopefully, it'll be a good one, too.

I wish you all the best for the coming year and that you may stick to your resolutions just one more day.

You May Also Like

0 comments