Don't fuck with me, 2017

by - January 02, 2017

We probs all agree that 2016 sucked. Like big time. But you know what they say: Once you've reached the bottom, the only way is up! (They do say that, right?) Anyways, I think we should just take our history books and calendars, grab a big red marker and cross out 2016 for good. Let's just pretend it never happened, shall we? Good. Now that we've got that out of the way, let us move on to 2017.

Before I put any new resolutions out into the world, I wanted to take a look back and reflect on the success (or, let's be real: failure) of last year's promises. While I'm typing this I realise that I don't remember if I even had any resolutions last year and I'm def too lazy to check. But I do remember that sometime in the past I set a goal to read more and be less of a dick. But mainly read coz those are the kind of priorities I chose to set in life.
I originally set a goal to read 12 books in 2016, which - looking back now - is ridiculously little. So I upped it to 24 books and I managed to exceed that by reading 27 books. (Number 28 was finished a few hours ago.) Now, I may be aiming high, what with going to university and all that, but I set this year's goal to 30 books. I did the math and if I wanna read the next 30 books on my tbr I gotta read 32 pages a day. Doesn't sound a lot but it is coz a lot of those books are hard SF and fantasy and extremely challenging to read after coding C for hours (or doing other computery stuff - Did you know I'm an IT student? Coz I feel like I'm not saying that enough yet. ... I'm an IT student. Like... foreal. Maybe I should start writing that in all of my social media bios...)
Long story boringly long: I'm still a douchebag most of the time lol.

You May Also Like

0 comments